This sections contains step by step procedures to obtain your learner’s driving licence.
Register yourself here : click here
(This link* should be opened in Internet Explorer only. Ironically, this website doesn’t support Chorme, Mozilla or Safari)
- If this link doesn’t work then go to the following link* https://sarathi.nic.in:8443 (Internet explorer only) & then choose “Issue a Learning Licence to Me” option.
- While opening up the website you might come across security certificate warning. You should choose “Continue To This Website” option.
Fill the form shown to you on the system only when the Application Number is generated. Boxes marked with ‘*’ in RED color are mandatory and should be filled in without fail.
Once you fill up the necessary details, press “Submit” button.Then a message will be displayed as “Your Application is Saved Successfully”. You should note down the Application No. before submitting the form.
Once done with the Form now you need to fix an appointment for the Learner’s Licence Test. To fix the meeting choose “Appointment for LL Test” under the “Online Transaction with Sarathi” Section.
After clicking on that Link, you’ll see “LL Slot Booking” option in the navigation Bar. Choose “LL Test For Online Applicants” thereafter. You’ll require Application Form number & Birthdate in order to login to fix the Test timings.
Choose the appropriate date-time of your convenience & be there with the following proofs along with the printout of your appointment letter.
– Any one of the Following Residential proofs is valid
- Light Bill
- Election Card
- Life Insurance Policy
– Any one of the Following Age related proofs is valid
- School Leaving Certificate
- Birth Certificate
You also need to bring Original Copies of your preferred proofs along with the photocopies. Original copies will be returned to you.
You’ll have to pay Rs.385. This includes your Learning Licence & Permanent Licence for Two wheeler with gear as well as LMV(four-wheeler) NON-TRANSPORT.
Also, Rs.305 for two wheeler with gear without LMV(four-wheeler).