Transfer of Ownership of Vehicle
- Application for change in ownership is required to be made in Form-29 and 30 along with a print of chassis number with pencil.
- For change of ownership through inheritance Form 31 and in case of change of ownership due to public auction, application in Form 32 should be made.
- Along with the application original R.C. Book, Insurance Certificate, P.U.C. Certificate, proof of identity and address should be attached.
- A fee of Rs.30/- in case of two wheelers and Rs.100/- in case of motor car is required to be paid as transfer fee.
- A lump sum tax @ 15% of original lump sum tax should be paid as transfer tax, however, if, vehicle is more than 8 years old, then, tax @ 1% or Rs.100/- whichever is higher is required to be paid.