1. What is the amount of Fees payable for Issueing Fresh Driving Licence ?
Rs. 200/- Smart Card Type Driving Licence
Rs. 50/- Towards Driving Test.
2. What is Driving Test (Test of competence to drive) ?
Ans :The Inspector of motor vehicles will conduct the test of competence to drive vehicle as per the procedures laid down under the rule 15 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989. After satisfaction about the driving skills he will pass his recommendations about the issue of driving licence. The Asst. R.T.O. after satisfying himself will pass an order to issue driving licence.
3. What is period of validity of Driving Licence ?
- A licence to drive a non transport vehicle shall be effective for a period of 20 yrs. from the date of issue or renewal or the holder attains the age of 50 yrs., whichever is earlier, after that the licence is renewable for 5 years.
- Licence to drive a transport vehicle be effective for a period of three years from the date of its issue.
- An authorization of licence to drive a transport vehicle carrying goods of dangerous or Hazardous nature be effective for one year.
4. What about International Driving Licence? Which Document require for applying for a International driving license ?
Ans :International driving licenses are issued from various zonal offices. The validity of this permit is for one year. You are required to get your licence from the country your visiting within one year period. Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for a International driving license :-
a. Copy of Valid driving licence.
b. copy of valid Air Ticket .
c. copy of valid Passport.
d. copy of valid Visa.
e. Fee of Rs. 500/-.
f. Five passport size photograp.